Thursday 2 October 2014

Winter is a Coming, Bring it on!

Well we are now on the 2nd of October and winter is well on it's way. I must be one of the only people in the country that doesn't want this Indian Summer to happen. For starters I love Autumn/Winter fashion clunking around in big boots and wrapping up in scarves and chunky knits. 

Second of all I love Winter food. I made an enormous batch of veg soup yesterday just using up a load of veg, I had lying around (potato, leek and carrot). It is delicious even if I do say so myself. Other winter faves include comfort foods such as cottage pie, chicken and chorizo rice, roast dinners, sausage and mash, sausages and meatballs in gravy (my Grandad's recipe) and beef stew (although I am yet to make a successful one). There is nothing nicer than coming in from the freezing cold to a big hug in a bowl. I always tend to go to pot in summer not really knowing what to cook and always feel a bit uninspired but I can't wait to find some good new winter warmer recipes and share them with you of course. So bring on the cold (sorry all sun worshipers).