Thursday 8 January 2015

Week 38 of Pregnancy

Well there is only 2 weeks to go until my due date! It's flown by but maybe some of thats due to me discovering I was pregnant at 7 weeks. Baby boy is now kicking hard and he sometimes takes my breath away. I feel one of his feel in my right side all the time, he wiggles but think he has found a comfy position and is sticking to it. 

I was at the midwife this week and I am measuring 37cm which the midwife said was fine. She sent off my urine sample to be tested because I had 2 traces of leukocytes (white blood cells) which can be a sign of infection. As I am not suffering any symptoms the mw said it should be nothing to worry about but it was better to be safe than sorry. My blood pressure is fine, she said it was a little on the high side last time but it has come down now. Maybe it was because it was Christmas Eve last time I was in, I was just excited about Santa coming! The midwife said that baby is now 2/5ths engaged and is in a good position. I could feel that he had moved lower down as there is more pressure on my bladder and I feel heavier further down. Baby dropping a bit has helped my breathing a little bit, but I still get breathless and keep having to remind myself to take it easy. 


We did a bit of shopping this week for baby. We got the last bits on our list such as car blinds, more bottles, a few clothes in the sale and a changing mat. I feel like we are fully ready for our little one to arrive now, the only thing we probably need more of is muslin cloths but we can pick those up from anywhere and I'm guessing you can never have too many. 

I'm still feeling a bit uncomfortable but I'm not chopping at the bit to get him out yet. I've convinced myself that I will end up going over and getting induced so if he comes anytime before week 42 I will be well chuffed. I am however looking forward to getting my body back, it will be nice to be able to put my boots on with ease again. It's strange to think that I could go into labour any day now, I'm so excited!